Topeka Foundry & Iron Works (TFI) has been providing high precision machining and industrial fabrication since 1876. Our ongoing investments in emerging technologies and equipment has put TFI at the forefront of the industry. As we expand our capabilities and markets, we are also expanding our workforce. We actively seek out driven individuals to join our high-performing team of 100+ employees.
TFI is seeking a Computer Numerical Control (CNC) Programmer.
In this role, the CNC Programmer will work closely with our project managers, shop leads, and machinists to use technology, innovation, and programming to turn a standard piece of material into a complex part.
What to Expect:
- Read and interpret blueprints
- Work with team to create efficiencies, improve automation, and increase machining flexibility
- Create program instructions for machine and tooling shop utilizing Mastercam/Vericut or similar programs
- Use knowledge of tooling, machinery, and attention to detail to follow specific standards and reach tight tolerances
- This position has the option to be permanently located in one of the following scenarios:
- Topeka, KS
- Manhattan, KS and Topeka, Ks (Time will be split between two offices)
- Kansas City, MO and Topeka, Ks (Time will be split between two offices)
- Denver, CO
- Dallas, TX
Qualifications & Experience:
- Experienced within manufacturing production or plant operations
- High School diploma required
- CNC Programmer vocational certification, or degree in engineering, mathematics, computer science, or similar field preferred
- Working knowledge of using calibrated measurement devices and manufacturing software
- Knowledge of tooling machinery, and manufacturing applications
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future
- Must be able to successfully complete all post-offer and pre-employment contingencies
- CNC programming: 1 year (Required)